View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
My first dabble with carbon was a Composite Acoustic back in the day. It was an opener.

Recently I have had the following:

Kevin Michael Touring by Mcpherson it was a really great 3/4 guitar. Now owned by a very good friend.

Rainsong P-12. This little amazes.
Rainsong Al Petteway Ltd Ed, APLE. A souped up “shorty” that is excellent.

Mcpherson Honeycomb Gold Sable. This second generation CF was re-issued in April 2018. After hearing from Larry Klenc, VP at Mcpherson about all the upgrades and improvements in the newer model I went ahead and placed my order from Brendan at Heart Breaker Guitars. The price was the best available on the market.

Because they can’t keep these in stock it was arranged for me to receive my Sable directly from Mcpherson. Larry made sure that my Sable spec’d out to the “T” and it’s setup was spot on.

This is the same profile as their Camrielle model.

Fit and finish is in same quality as is all Mcpherson guitars...superb.
Playability is one those guitars where you can play all day.
Tonally is where it really stands out amongst all the CF guitars and even is better than many all wood guitars. Not only loud and proud it is excellent in all styles of play.

Comes with LR Baggs pickup. Two saddles low and medium action. Each saddle is crafted for only your guitar. Yes, Mcpherson doesn’t just rush out the CF guitars. Each one is setup individually.

Did I say this is my favorite CF?

Listen: https://youtu.be/_gMyI7StcTE

Talk soon
Alan
Alan,

I really enjoyed your write up on the McPhearson guitars. Having played them, I agree with you, the fit and finish is outstanding. I like the fact that they are like a wood luthier, and take the time to build a quality guitar, paired with a great set up. Quality vs quantity.

I am curious what strings you are using. I want Kramster to put some different strings on as the ones they came with were not great.

Fabulous write up, thank you!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo