View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 04:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Here are some pictures to get started with. I’ve been using my iPad for shop photography, so a lot of these photos are far from studio-quality, like Mark Hatcher always posts. Maybe someday I’ll have the time to use my camera, and download to the computer, and edit, and clean up the best ones, and post to Flickr... But for now, I am only doing the full treatment for photos of newly built guitars, in the white, and then again after they are all finished and strung.

First, Here are a couple shots of the top and back woods chosen for Mike’s Eclipse OM. Back and sides are one of my favorite woods, Macassar Ebony, and the top is a nice set of Sinker Redwood from a billet I acquired about six years ago. Following that, a sketch on newsprint of the body outline with the new Venetian cutaway design.Attachment 12005Attachment 12006Attachment 12007Attachment 12008

Since Mike and I decided to create a new Venetian Cutaway shape, it was necessary to jig up for it. First, a set of plexiglass templates, then a new cutaway bending form, a shoe for the bending machine cutaway ram, and an insert for the body mold. Here’s that first side being bent. It made me nervous, because the cutaway has a very tight radius, and Macassar Ebony can be quite difficult to bend. But since I always build with double sides now, I can make both the inner and outer sides thinner, and bend them together. Everything came out flawless. IMG_4291.jpgIMG_4292.jpg