View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 04:45 PM

Default Feel the pain...

This has happened to me on ebay purchases, once it's shipped you pretty much bought it. Sometimes you get great deals, and other times you get not so great deals.

So that's why I am asking for lot's and lots of pictures up front on a guitar I am buying through Guitar Center, online, and having it shipped to my local store versus to my home address.

You cannot be too careful sometimes, but I am also confident that once this guitar shows up in the Seattle Store, it would be sold quickly for the price I am paying for it. Even if it's been advertised as a 1970 model yet has a 1971 serial #! Oops...

Value still remains, in quality instruments. But it's false advertising to claim a guitar is made in 1970, when it has a serial # from 1971, unless the store can show proof.. somehow.

Taking it to the streets basically by posting about it here. (Doobie Brothers song from the 1970's about getting ripped off on a car repair job)

Just keep trying, maybe talk to an attorney but it's a nightmare returning things to a private seller so people pay more at a big store like GC, for that added security. I am pretty sure they will work with me on my issue.

Best of luck, we are both posting about similar issues...