View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

I have now owned three CF guitars. Each one has been a joy to own and play and was a pleasant surprise the first time they were played. The X20 Artisan was the first one that I bought just to see what all the rage was and I was pleasantly surprised with the tone. I ended up selling because I didn't like the scale, the neck carve or the electronics. Or the color (blue). Then some time later I tried the Rainsong Shorty APLE. I loved the ergonomics of this guitar and the tone. The electronics were just okay and the neck was not bad but not perfect and I ended up selling that one as well. Then I picked up the little Journey OF660 just to have something I could travel with and something impervious to the elements. It was a pleasant surprise because I didn't expect it to have as good a tone as it did. I still have that one but it's being sold to a friend soon.

Of the three I probably liked the stock APLE the best but if I could have a short scale neck in the neck carve I wanted, with the pickup I wanted in the color I wanted then I think the X20 would be perfect. So I custom ordered just that. I'm not a collector of guitars. I prefer to have just a couple so having one high end wood guitar that I love and one perfectly-built-just-for-me carbon fiber guitar will give me everything I need and want. I've got the Santa Cruz 1929 00 which I'm still in love with and if the X20 is everything I hope it will be, then I will likely be out of the guitar market for quite some time.