Thread: Re: Waiting
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
My recuperation is moving along. I credit some of that to the carbon fiber cane Joan bought for me (besides the CF weave, it has flames). Yesterday was my last in-home PT session. I am driving again, and have been cleared to try riding a bicycle, if I can get a leg over it. No boating yet (falling risk), and getting back on the scoots will be a while.

I am walking with a cane, up to about 1/3 of a mile on each of my 3 times daily walks. Doing my exercises 3 times daily, as well. No more pain meds, other than the occasional ibuprofen. Yeah, it still hurts; but that is getting better, too.

My Honey has been a champ through all of this. To make my life easier, she brought one of my guitars into the living room and put it on a stand... "Now you can pick it up and play whenever you want." I am good with getting into my music room, but she said she likes having one guitar in the living room. Who am I to argue with that? Being able to play has also made a difference in heading back towards "normal." (That is a relative term.)

Six weeks today. Seems like it has been a tough haul, but glad to see some significant improvement in the last two weeks. Last update on this... I don't want to be one of those guys who talks about his maladies.

Best wishes,
Jim
Jim,
Sounds like you're through the worst of it. Hang in there, you'll be back to normal in no time! It sure is nice to have a supportive wife when you're feeling down, especially one that supports guitars!