View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreykip View Post
Granted, 2500 is a lot, but if it’s truly mint, that’s not a crazy price (it would be the second cheapest on reverb right now with the most expensive at a 10k). When selling anything you get a lot of annoying offers and demands. It’s a natural expectation that a buyer will check out the item before they buy, but the phrase “I will need to inspect it very well” might sound like a challenging buyer assuming the seller is ignorant or dishonest and implies the buyer knows more about the product despite having never seen it.
The one on Reverb at 10K is Brazilian special build, followed by two 1950's Hoboken Guilds in the 5-7K range - different ball game. For a 1970's Guild F-50 I think you're right, that is a pretty decent price. OP is totally right to want to check it over, but I expect he could have been a little more patient with his phrasing so things don't devolve into 2 people being short with each other. I expect she knew enough to get by, more than OP assumed anyway, and was put off by something else. Both probably could have behaved better here