View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I need a little more detail on exactly how you wired this up.

Does the UST sound OK on its own?

If the UST is active and buffered before mixing with the magnetic pickups, the problem might be as simple as phase reversal.
It's a T5z and I've swapped out the body sensor with the K&K knockoff (JJB. Great quality) and run it directly to the molex connector that was formerly the body sensor on the Taylor board in an effort to have it engaged in position 1 with the neck humbucker. I wired the positive to the hot and the negative and ground together. I did it the other way and the results were identical.

The humbuckers are now muffled in all positions and in position 1 the K&K knockoff is twangy and treble-heavy. I would say it sounds almost identical to the body sensor I was previously unsatisfied with.

I have a Fishman Matrix running to another jack that sounds amazing, I was hoping to integrate the whole system with the K&K and ditch the Fishman for simplicity and ease of use.

I'm not understanding why systems like the Fishman Powerbridge can integrate easily into 2 humbucker systems on electric guitars, but this is giving me so much trouble.