View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 03:37 PM

How did I miss this thread? Joni is my absolute favorite. I consider her and Stevie Wonder to be true geniuses. Nobody plays guitar like Joni. Her lyrical poetry is unmatched. COmbine that with her awesome vocal skills, she is a triple threat. Very rare these days. Joni is not entertainement. Listeneing to Joni Mitchell is like taking your hardest but most interesting university class. SHe is so deep and profound. Even in the way she tunes and plays the guitar.
I know alot of people don't get Joni because everythign she does is totally out of the box. You can't put a label on Joni. Just when you think you have her figured out, she is on to something new. She is always evolving and her music evokes whatever she state she is in at that particuliar time in her life. SHe has no formula and refuses to sell out just to sell records. Most of what you see is manufactured and comprimised to sell. BUt not Joni. Joni is a tue artist.
Not only is she an awesome poet, guitarist, and vocalist, but she also paints. The amount of talent and beauty she was blessed with almost seems unfair. Joni used to say that she sang her sorrows and pianted her joys.There are alot of emotions behing the genius of Joni Mitchell. That in itself loses alot of male ears right off the bat.
Every female guitarist that I admire, as well as several males credit Joni Mitchell as a major influence on them. Alot of people don't get Joni, but I am glad that I do.