View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

Well, we are planning on heading down toward El Paso tomorrow and maybe checking outnCarlsbad Cavern, which I have been hearing about since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Puye I noticed on a map somewhere, but We will miss it if it is not south of here; I will check.

Tonight we went to SantaFeBite, renowned for its green chilli burger and recommended by many; an obvious tourist trap if ever there was one. Stunningly, the burger was right At the top of the charts! It probably helped that it was 10oz of grassfed beef, mixed sirloin and chuck, and well on the pink side of medium. Linda had the green chilli enchiladas and said they easily topped the upscale romantic meal the night before, not counting ambiance, I hope, as the place was on the plus side of cafe.

Earlier we walked the Canyon Art Row (or whatever they call it) and found a high proportion of decent work, as well as a good attitude at every turn. The prices made everything we liked into unobtainium, but that another story. Numbers were on the order of $18,000 for a horse sculpture that we liked, and $22,500 for a pastel on paper that really slew me. The Memphis show is unlikely to go well enough to make those number feasible.