View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHD28 View Post
I finally got around to playing the OM today and I was very impressed. The tone is unbelievably full—if you are a Martin Tone fan, this guitar will not disappoint you. As my dealer commented, “there’s a lot going on”. You really need to play one of these guitars. Unlike my experience with the D-28MD, I had no issues with this neck. This one is slightly different from the other MDs in that it does not have the “HP taper”. So it’s a bit wider at the heel. But whatever, it played beautifully. Since I am waiting in the 000 to get short scale and more bendable strings up the neck, I was paying particular attention to how this long scale neck performed shredding the neck. I was pleasantly surprised. These strings are very bendable for a long scale guitar. I could easily live with this.

The appearance is a homerun. The VTS Sitka top has a much more pleasing appearance than recent Adi tops from Martin. The Euro Maple binding is class. The golden frets and tuners go with the the overall color scheme of the guitar. So, as long as the neck shape works for you, it is GREEN LIGHT CITY!

For context, my every day guitars are a custom HD28V in Guat, a custom Adi/Sinker D and a K24ce-V. The MD 000 or OM will fit in nicely with this group.
Another great example of sometimes you just have to play them to see and hear exactly what each guitar brings to the table. Thanks for posting your experiences with these guitars.

Best,
Jayne