View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 12:24 AM

Default Shorty string test

I've tried about six different sets of strings since buying my Shorty back in late 2014. There still are a couple more sets I'd like to try, namely the Newtone Doublewounds and the new D'Addario NBs. Some strings I've tried didn't work at all on this guitar, but I've had some surprises too.

I've recorded two different strings sets bases upon their reviews (even on wood guitars) and on how those same reviews compare to my playing style. The strings I chose to record for this sampling were for a warmer tone and for playability, and while not getting too flabby with the shorter scale.

While I'm primarily a fingerstyle player, I also need to strum when playing worship music at church. I like both of these but for different reasons. Which recording do you like and why??

The first set is Elixir Polyweb 80/20 med/lights, and the second set are Martin Retro lights. The samples are strumming only. (apologies for the unedited clips- my Wavelab software was acting funny so I just went with the H2n direct because it just sounds way better)

Last edited by steelvibe; 05-21-2016 at 01:19 AM.