View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Sweetwater Gear Exchange

This should be fun. I sold my Furch via Sweetwater Friday morning and shipped Saturday morning. Came back to the site Saturday afternoon to review the process for choosing which payout to take and discovered a message saying that my buyer had been banned.

My first response was that I would have preferred a stronger effort to contact. Sweetwater has my email and phone number, both, and as many of us can attest, they're not shy about staying in touch. The account message didn't generate an email notification, which feels like a programming oversight, but I still feel like more's probably in order when you have an active transaction.

Contact wasn't returned yesterday afternoon, and today's obviously not going to be an office day for anyone. I have a site visit for work first thing, and then I'll call in if they haven't already.

At the bare minimum, I'm hoping they'll honor the transaction from my end, but I'm hoping they'll at least make a change in their standard approach to ensure more prompt, effective service in a fraud situation. Seems in keeping with their reputation (and self-assessment) as a leader in customer service.

Finally, a very happy Easter to all, celebrating and otherwise.