View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Hmm.

Alvarez 00 - I was gassing for a small bodied 12 fret slot head. It has a nice looking burst and while I was playing bluesy things it was fun to play. I had researched here, played some similar guitars in stores and then ordered from Zzounds.

Gibson J-45 - Everytime I had picked one up in a store the strings on the Gibsons were so old they could vote. I gave up on trying them in stores.
But I kept reading here over the years how people loved their J-45 and gave them another try in the stores and found a bunch of nice ones. Then of course I had to have one!

Avalon L2-320C - I was really interested in these after watching and listening online to covers here and videos on youtube. I was going back and forth between the Avalon and a Taylor 714 Lutz over spruce in a local store. The 714 was sweet, but the Avalon was my choice. What made it better was a former AGF sponsor had a model I was interested in so buying online was easy.

Furch Yellow (G22-23ish) - I gassed for a Furch cedar topped GA for years based on testimonials from owners here. Finally I got my chance to buy one. Initially I was not overly impressed with the cedar top - it didn't have an obvious mellow soft tone as I expected. It is slightly mellower than spruce, but not by a lot. I suppose over time the differences between it and spruce will show more. The fit and finish is outstanding and reminds me a lot of the Taylor 714 that I passed over. The neck profile is slightly different than my other guitars but not a deal killer.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: