View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly66 View Post
I got my OF-660 yesterday. All but the first two frets are flat and the action is too high for me. Couple the high action with the flat frets and it is a nightmare to play. Lots of buzzing if I don't use a massive amount of pressure because with flat frets you have to press harder than on crowned frets.

It sounds good, looks good, is the perfect size, the pick-up is really good, but I want to enjoy playing it and so far, no joy. In hind sight I should have kept my Voyage Air until I knew the OF-660 would be a good fit. I have to go on a trip at the end of next week and it is unlikely I will be taking the OF-660.

I will see if I can resolve the flat frets and high action because the guitar is perfect for travel, the size and scale length are a perfect compromise to my full-sized guitars.
I wonder why 2 frets were crowned and the others flat? Hmmmmm. Hopefully someone can fill me in on what's happening. There's one that's on the MacNichol's road trip right now and it would be good to hear if that is finished the same or if there is a difference.

Anyone?