View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Glen View Post
By and large, I'd say yes. It is more geared toward electric players from the guitar tone options they provide and to the drum tracks and jam tracks that are built-in. And it does that very well.

However, it's not to the point that it excludes acoustic play. I've recorded some nice acoustic tracks on it.

And the mp3 playback/slow down function is great for practice. All in all, a powerful, compact little machine.
I agree and will add that I routinely use this for my acoustic guitar. I use a CA Guitars Cargo with the K & K PWM pickup in it. These pickups do best into a 1 meg ohm load, which the Micro BR provides. You can program the effects and store your settings in the user spaces provided on the Micro BR. I have set up a patch based on an existing acoustic patch that has EQ tweaked so I can easily hear my guitar against whatever MP3 I am learning from in "slow down" mode. I want to also add that the Micro BR can slow down and loop a section of an MP3 file down to 25% of original speed. This seems to be quite a rare thing Micro BR are quite good and it is my "go to" tool for this purpose because it is less cumbersome than a computer. You plug your guitar in directly and just go.

Tony