View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Malkin had an even strength goal and assist last night, so hopefully this will the beginning of a turnaround for him.

I have a good friend who is an avid Bruins fan; he really dislikes Backes. He claims Backes' production hasn't been anywhere near what it should be given his salary. I'll always like Backes for his love of dogs and the compassion he showed for them during the Olympics some years ago.

Sid is simply the best. His game right now is complete. He's making plays on both offense and defense, and is clearly the best player on the ice during most of his shifts against all opponents. I've watched Crosby since he first came into the league, and I don't believe I've ever seen him play better than he is right now.

It was interesting to see the NHL All-Star game selections announced last night. Great that Sid was selected, and rightfully so. I also was pleased to see Pastrnak get a spot. I was disappointed that Bergeron and Letang weren't picked, but both showed up on the "Last Men In" ballot, so I'll have a chance to cast a vote for each to be added (haven't decided on whether I'll be voting for players in any other divisions).

You have any plans to vote in the Last Men In? If so who will you be voting for from each division?
Bergeron missed too many games to make the all star game I think. I hope that he doesn't lose another Selke trophy because of that (like last year). I wasn't even aware that I could vote! Probably won't though.

Ovechkin is going to miss the All Star game and take the automatic 1 game suspension. It's a shame because he was named a captain. He's been cold lately after being on a hot goal scoring streak.