View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 08:04 PM

Default NGD: It's CJ Day baby!

Hey everyone. I've officially joined the Cult of Collings!I get it now. I sold my Martin 000 and was looking for more volume and balance. Well, I got it in spades with this guitar. After some WTB ads were placed for a long scale CJ with a 1 3/4 nut with rosewood B/S, a guy touched base asking if I was local to him because he had what I was looking for but didn't want to ship it. He sent me some pics, and I was drooling. It had a KILLER burst. I wanted a burst, but wasn't hopeful as I was on the low end as far as budget.

I wasn't exactly local, but 6 hrs apart is close enough that we could meet in the middle. I was nervous because I would feel horrible if I didn't like it and said essentially " sorry you drove for a few hours and will have to drive a few back, but no thanks." On the other hand I was't about to invest thousands to avoid hurting someone's feelings. Well, it took one strum of an E chord to put those fears to rest. This thing is amazing. Deep bass, sparkling highs, and lovely mids(which I think are my favorite). Big and balanced. Just what I was looking for.

Back to playing...enjoy!

Fender Mexican Tele
Samick C4 Nylon
Mom's Mexican street vendor nylon, Pre 1970

Last edited by T268; 01-08-2016 at 02:35 PM.