View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 06:54 AM

Default Charmed Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindibona1 View Post
I love trying different picks. There is nothing that can change the tone and attack on a guitar quicker than a pick change. I think every guitar (with whatever string set at the moment) has it's strengths and weaknesses and different picks can help optimize what the player is going for. Sometimes you end up playing with a group of people where you just have to select a different pick than planned if you're going to blend or cut through as needed.

So far I haven't gone high-end in the pick department yet, but there will come a day. I think the most I've paid for a pick so far is $10. Some day I'll want to try some of the more expensive picks that are touted on this forum.
I just received a Charmed Life nf-75ss (.75mm soft strum) pick to see if I could tell the difference between my various Dunlop picks and a "high end" casein pick. The casein material brings out a level of warmth and tonal richness I cannot get with the variety of Dunlops I have tried, plus it's a beautiful pick aesthetically. Pretty impressive.