View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Yes it can be done. All-hardwood guitars aren't typically as responsive as a softwood topped instruments, but they can definitely work as guitars. They have a different timbre to them, but if you know that going in, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Is this for your building course?
Thanks for all the comments Guys, most appreciated.

Yes nacluth, this is for the course, and I was just curious to see if it could be done.
Here is some pictures of the guitars produced at the course(Not sure which ones are the Luthiers own built guitars, or which are his students) and I just thought it was such a shame that the beauty of the timber was not able to be shown off on the front of the guitar.

This particular guitar features a Cooba Pine top, hich has a lot of figuring anyway, and is my first choice for a top if I do the course, but it would certainly have a very large visual impact if the beauty of the BHS was shown off on the front.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar

Last edited by Zandit75; 04-03-2016 at 10:07 PM.