View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Don't worry - I've had loads of "final" guitars. One new year, I swore blind to my daughters and wife that there would be "no more" guitars that year, and made a bet. I lost: I had bought 4 by the end of January! ha ha. Who cares?

I saw your musings elsewhere re Blazer and Henkes and Traugotts etc...Looks like Jason won out? Your MD must be really special to achieve that. I have a Kostal OM on the way next year and am very much looking forward to it: The MD is great but I'm intrigued to hear what Jason can do with a smaller (for which read "more conventional") body size.

Looking forward to your updates!

cheers,
Steve
Ervin does incredible things with the OM size. I actually prefer it to his Mod D... which is almost "too much" for me. Even in this terrible 16 second recording of a German/Braz I recently played, it's amazing how much you can hear. It was like a 308 Fazioli was hiding inside that little guitar. I asked Robin what she thought of Jason's OMs compared to Ervin's when I visited her shop (the Guitar Gallery) in Nashville. Never one to mince words, her response was: "Oh shoot, they're just as good! I couldn't tell the difference!"