View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:58 AM

Default 5E3 Circuit Amps - for beginners??

Hey All, hope everyone is building calluses and staying safe/sane. Here’s my situation: relatively new to electric guitar but have been playin acoustic for 30 yrs. I have a Fender Thinline modern player retrofit with Fahlin P90’s. My amp is a Mustang 3 but I see now that Fender is no longer supporting their Fuse software and honestly, this amp is too much for me. Too many options and I don’t know amps very well so all the choices and pedals are overwhelming. Got some good tones but have always felt overwhelmed.
My jamming buddy plays a Deluxe Reverb silverface and just plugs in and goes. Superior tone and simplicity. I want that in a smallish tubeamp of some kind.
Because I’ve haven’t played or heard too many amps, hard to say what I like but what I hear and love from the Net is deluxe type 5e3 circuit type amps. Having never played one, I’m concerned that many say that they’re very touch sensitive and responsive to a players touch. Yeah, I’m no player with any kind of touch on electric. Half the time I’m playing sharp cause I can’t seem to get that light tough needed to not bend the strings. Lol.
But the tone and simplicity is killer and I’ve watched a ton of videos and that’s what I keep gravitating to.
I understand they are pricey but I just want something for the house and small party’s/gigs that doesn’t get me frustrated every time I play.

Thanks everyone and stay safe!!

Nick