View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 06:39 AM

Well my own experience has been that my first two classical guitars- a Korean Bentley student guitar- I bought in 1993, and a Takamine I bought to replace that one about 1999- both the necks developed steady bend over time- using only normal tension strings, although light gauge seemed to slow the process perhaps, when I started running out of bridge bone to file anymore, and I finally sold them while they were still playable. I like a really low action.

I also found on the Takamine that polyurethane clear-coating the neck also slowed the rate of bending down although it does add a slight bit of weight to a non-resonating part of the guitar.

I was glad that Cordoba started adding the truss rods I think the Epiphone has one too-

and although probably too early to tell in my experience- besides allowing for the adjustment in action- I think the rod itself helps diminish neck bend I have usually adjusted the rod when I've gotten a guitar- although this may take several stages- because you shouldn't force it all. Yet after a period of time you can turn it some more if you need to. Once I've got it set I rarely ever adjust it again. Cordoba has a slight reputation for slightly high action out of the box I think- but it does adjust lower