View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerscreek View Post
Yeah, I thought that was funny, too, especially given how the CEO and other Martin reps appeared on video after video last year to talk about streamlining model names to match bracing patterns. Guess that didn't last long. Haha
Yeah, I really liked how they’d simplified the structure as of last year, and my gut reaction when seeing the new series was that it reintroduces complexity into the lineup as it relates to the iconic models. But I get that they want something at that price point, and that they want to carve out some room to bring some new things to the table while retaining folks’ affinity for the classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Thanks! I didn't realize that the Deluxe version of the D-28 now has forward shifted, scalloped bracing! I stand corrected! Good for Martin! I must now take back my comments about glacial progress at Martin!

The truth is, I really don't want to buy anything since I just bought a 2018 Martin D-45 that I am very happy with. I have my forward shifted, scalloped bracing along with some significant bling. I just want to see Martin do well in the marketplace. It does look like they are doing the right things after all!

- Glenn
That’s right, I remember now that you’ve got that D-45! I’ll bet that’s a winner.