View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Some Spire Studio "situation" updates. My music partner's Spire Studio had the onboard mic crap out. He has had it about two months; he's still waiting to hear back from Izotope for some customer support.

He sent me some Spire files last night, with piano and strings (synth) - the Grace Design preamp inputs still work. I loaded those files and added a vocal track. Since that went pretty fast, I decided to go ahead and do bass, drum, and acoustic guitar tracks before calling it a night. When I went to shut down the Spire, it gave me a notice that "Some tracks have been lost."

Yep. The vocal track was still there, but everything after that, including the trimming and mixing, was gone. It was getting late, so I called it a night. Re-did the other tracks this morning.

I held my breath when I went to upload the files to send back to Mark, but everything stayed. Hopefully, that is a one-off issue... or maybe Izotope will be releasing a firmware update to address this?

Mark thought we should learn an Elton John song, since there is new interest in his music with the recent RocketMan movie. Here's our version of Your Song (done long distance with the Spire Studio)...