View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primdmit View Post
Hi, everybody! I’ve noticed that when i get a dent or a scratch on my guitar it always upsets me so much that i sometimes lose my interest in playing for a day or two. And the more expensive my guitar the more upset i am. And it almost always happens at home in very stupid situations. How do you take your dents and scratches? I think it’s almost impossible to play every day and not to get one. Maybe i have some kind of scretchadentophobia?) Or maybe my guitars are like my babies.
I am OCD with my guitars, one is used and has a minor ding if I didn't point it out, you would never notice it. All the others are new. I play at home, mainly in my guitar room. I am super-careful with my guitars. I keep them like new, I enjoy the new pristine look of them. I don't find it a big deal being careful with them

If I were a gigging guitarist, I would take a completely different approach. My gigging guitars would be workhorses. They would be in environments where it would be unreasonably to try and keep them ding or scratch-free. I would most likely buy used instruments in that situation. I would still take care of them, but I wouldn't be OCD about them.

"Never take a fool with you when you go, because you can always pick one up when you get there"! Billy Connolly.