View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:54 PM

Smile The awesome Trance Amulet Pickup system and installation.

This is my first posting so I wanted to share my first experience with the Trance Amulet SBT Stereo pickup system and the Luthier Denny Rauen that installed the system. First let me say I have used and tried almost every brand of pickup system out there. UST, SBT, Magnetic pickups ect. I had a Fishman Matrix Infinity installed on my Martin D45 and was using the Fishman Spectrum Aura DI which was the best system I had used at the time. I also have a Bourgeois Custom D-150 Brazilian Rosewood and Adirondack Top using the Matrix system as well. Then I bought a custom Huss & Dalton TDR Brazilian Rosewood/ European Bearclaw Alpine Spruce top and needless to say this guitar is the best sounding guitar I have ever owned. Their workmanship is immpecable so I decided to invest the money into the Trance Amulet SBT pickup system. I spoke with the folks at Trance Audio ( I have included their website address for those who may be interested) http://www.tranceaudio.com/trance/products.html
to get more info and a referral to a luthier who had expertise in installing this highend system. They gave me two names but the one I chose to deal with was Rauen Guitars in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Keep in mind I live in Florida so I had to ship my guitar to them, something I really didn't look forward to doing but I wanted the best man for the job. I have included the luthiers website address as well for those who maybe interested.
http://www.rauenguitars.com/index.html
After talking with Denny Rauen I felt confident that he was the man for the job.
In fact he has a page on his website which explains his unique method of installing this system. Keep in mind the installed is very crucial to the end result
and that is why I chose Denny. He has been doing the installs for years and the end results show.
When I got my guitar back I was so please and amazed at the sound that I had to share this with the forum. Denny did an excellent job of installation and he was a very kind and easy going individual to deal with. He is truly one of the exceptional luthiers in the business today. The only problem is now that I have this system in my Huss & Dalton I don't even want to pick up any of my other guitars. I have been playing since I was 10 years old and now I am 55 and I can honestly say this is the only system that truly sounds and responds just like your guitar. I play thru a Bose L1 Model sound system and with the preset I use I have no feedback issuse what so ever. I am truly pleased and amazed with the Huss & Dalton TDR and the Trance Amulet system. Even more I am pleased with Rauen guitars of Wisconsin. As you can tell I believe in giving praise when it is due and I am one who is constanly striving for the best sound I can buy. If you have an exceptional guitar that you truly want to hear thru your system this is the ticket.