View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Those tracks both sound great to me, Daniel! Well done!

How does that Zemaitis guitar compare with a Les Paul?

- Glenn
Oh Glenn, I'm sorry it took me so long to respond as I didn't notice that you responded here.

I would say the Zemaitis is more like a good Gibson SG, not as thick in neck pickup tone as a Les Paul. But the mods on mine push it more in line with a single coil pickup tone, like a rounder sounding Telecaster, which to me, blends so well with my acoustic guitars even in a dense mix like this...

As you've probably noticed I have more than a few guitars as I started buying them for different tone options for recording, and then it even turned into a hobby to collect a bit. But I can say this, of all my guitars, this particular Zemaitis may be my favorite guitar of all of mine. It just feels like it's an extension of my musical personality. And besides the tone that I love, it's a reasonably light guitar, and the neck shape is sublime. A funny thing, the person selling this guitar used, confused this with a much cheaper low level Zemaitis guitar that it looks very close too. He sold it to me for peanuts, so even with the extensive modifications I did, all the electronics including pickups, tuners, knobs, it was still fairly inexpensive with the total cost being around $1100. And I favor this guitar over guitars that I've spent three times that much on. I feel that this instrumental song, which I recorded in about ten minutes, sounds most like I do if you were to see playing locally at bar near you, and it's the electric sound that I like. If I dig in, it gets thick sounding like a Gibson, but when I lay back it cleans up perfectly. It's very organic sounding. Even clean the notes have a roundness.

This is the original ad for these guitars...

Last edited by rockabilly69; 05-24-2020 at 04:54 PM.