View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 12:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by earri View Post
I know the feeling. Put I nice new (big) mojo mark in mine the other day, when my dog suddenly got spooked by something and kicked it off the couch. No worries, it's mine and always will be.

Nice Job BTW there Scott on the tune; Beautiful.

What year is your E10SS? Mine is one of the early ones, built fall 2012, likely in the 1st run of production; left set-up shop in January of 2013. It has REALLY opened up.
Ear, similar to me: I put a ding and a crack (luckily, just the finish) on the top just below the bridge. Know why? I made the mistake one time of transporting it to a gig in only a gig bag, and somewhere along the line it got ding. Arrgh!

Thanks for the kind words on the tune. Are you familiar at all with the songs of Michael Smith? He came out of Chicago the same time as Steve Goodman and John Prine, although he is far less known. "The Dutchman" is his most well-known tune, covered by Goodman, The Clancys, Jerry Jeff Walker and many others. Fabulous songwriter, and considered by many, including me, one of America's greatest living writers. He wrote a lot of funny tunes with Goodman, including "Elvis Imitators" and "Talk Backwards."

I bought the E-10SS from Zissou Intern on here, who bought it from the original owner. Does yours have the 1.75" nut? I believe they changed that somewhere along the way.

Ted, do you know the history of the nut on the E-10SS?

Keith, if you're lurking in here (he keeps begging me to sell it back to him, but that ain't ever gonna happen), could you please let us know what year that E-10SS?

If he was stupid enough to sell it to me, I was smart enough to buy it. But Keith buys and sells guitars like underwear.

sm