View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezenof View Post
I'm starting to now wonder why Peavey would pick up the Composite Acoustics brand, if the original CA guitars had a reputation for having such aforementioned problems?
If you have read all the extensive threads here on the subject you could certainly reach that conclusion, but I think some people do like to beat a dead (or in this case, dying) horse. Some of the comments give an exaggerated view of the actual number of guitars they built with less than perfect neck angles. I owned and/or played dozens & only found one bad one which CA was quick to replace for me at no cost - they even picked up the shipping both ways. I have had 5 Cargos & they were all fine & I play finger style & like very low action. If you read Tarpman's comments you will get a more accurate picture - he was a dealer & saw hundreds of them & found minimal if any problems. I think most of the problem necks occurred near the end when things were spiraling down with the company & they let a few get by quality control. Most of them are still great composite guitars - I still have a couple & doubt I will be replacing them with a Peavey.