View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post
Did you know you can get scoring templates? They are like a plastic protractor with stencils cut into them in the shape of musical symbols that you can just trace. Before scoring software, these were commonly used by composers and music students everywhere. Google “composer templates.”

Also, Finale and Sibelius have lots of different fonts and styles. You have Sibelius right? You could mess around with some different fonts and document styles in Sibelius and see if you can find something that at least looks hand written something like what you have in mind.
I’ve looked at some of the fonts, but there’s really no substitute for handwriting. I want the imperfections and freehand look you can’t get from fonts or stencils.

I ordered a Wacom graphic tablet last night for $80 and I’ve just contacted someone on Etsy who does custom calligraphy work for wedding invitations, etc. I’m not sure if they’d do music, but I guess I’ll find out.

It might seem like I’m going to great lengths, but this IS permanent (more or less). The finished product will be worth all of this effort to me. Honestly, I take comfort knowing how many of you guys have contributed to this. This tattoo actually has even more meaning now. If I could have someone handwrite it with calligraphy as well, it would be a piece of art on multiple levels.

Last edited by mistertomlinson; 10-29-2017 at 03:16 AM.