View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertomlinson View Post
He's definitely doing a hammer on and pull off. I just looked up a quick live video. This is the intro, but in the studio version, the intro is almost note for note the same as the outro. (the rhythm he uses while playing it in the video is different and actually exactly how some of these transcriptions have it written, coincidently)

THIS! The last three notes are played in quick succession. 1 2 3! The note before is longer. I'm compulsive enough that I'd prefer to have it notated this way, but I'm not knowledgable enough to do it myself (although I'm pretty sure it's just as simple as changing note values and a monkey could do it). PLEASE post that sound clip tomorrow. I think this is the last revision I need to make. But I'm pretty sure I'll be using that first example you posted above.

I'll definitely post pictures when I get it. I'll probably wait for it to heal first so it looks good.

Long story: the artist wants to basically use what I have drawn and transfer THAT to my arm for the tattoo and stylize it as he goes. I just assumed he would REDRAW the entire thing using the examples I gave him, but he was reluctant to do this (maybe because he doesn't actually read/write music). I don't know that I'm excited about this idea, so I've been trying to figure out how to stylize and draw the tattoo myself. Drawing these little lines in a calligraphic style with a thin sharpie or even a pen is almost impossible. I actually tried using a flex tip fountain pen that I specifically bought for calligraphy, but the pen, as well as my technique is still insufficient.

I'm gonna give photoshop a try and a friend of mine has a touchscreen Chromebook and stylus that you can get some pretty nice pen strokes out of. Hopefully I work something out.

Edit: I'm actually eying some of these graphic tablets that you use with Photoshop. I can get a cheap one for $20. A mid quality one for $80... Hmmmmm
Did you know you can get scoring templates? They are like a plastic protractor with stencils cut into them in the shape of musical symbols that you can just trace. Before scoring software, these were commonly used by composers and music students everywhere. Google “composer templates.”

Also, Finale and Sibelius have lots of different fonts and styles. You have Sibelius right? You could mess around with some different fonts and document styles in Sibelius and see if you can find something that at least looks hand written something like what you have in mind.

Last edited by Guitar Slim II; 10-28-2017 at 07:22 PM.