View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Default Who Greatly Influenced Your Acoustic Guitar Playing?

This thread is an offshoot to a recent and similar thread which seemed to rise (and possibly fall) on the definition of "today." I decided to expand that thread because I think that in this world of online music and oldsters continuing to perform and influence youngsters (and the young at heart), the word "today" becomes a tough distinction.

Being an oldster, my acoustic influences are also oldsters. Whether dead or alive, the music of these oldsters is very much extant (and popular) and I believe to be still influential. I believe that Eric Clapton remains a strong influence on the state of acoustic guitar, even today; I would strongly say that his acoustic performances, especially his Unplugged performance, is as inspiring today as it was in the early 90s. I wonder how many of us were moved to start, continue or renew our interest in playing acoustic guitar due to the influences of oldsters????? Based on some of the responses in the previous thread, I'd say quite a few....

My list would include Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul & Mary, John Denver, Cat Stevens, Tom Paxton, Phil Ochs, Jorma Kaukonen, Jim Croce, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Jackson Browne and of course, Eric Clapton....

Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 11-18-2017 at 08:45 AM.