View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
A bit of positive: Dimitri Tenev evac'd successfully and his property including horses has survived. On a more self centered note, the wind did not come up last night and real progress has reportedly been made on controlling the most nearby fire, called the Nuns until it merged with another and now has a more technical name that I have not learned. Anyway, Linda and I are feeling more relaxed. Others are still in serious straights and the trouble has not yet passed.
Thanks for the news on Dinitri, Bruce. I have met Tom several times as we have a mutual friend so I will check in and see what his situation is.

It has been quite a week of living on the edge and it will continue here. Yesterday, as a precaution, I took my two favorite custom guitars over to a friend's house in Marin - 20 miles to the south. If we do have to evacuate here on the east side, I know that those will already be taken care of. Obviously guitars can be replaced, but with some advanced notice, no reason not to get them to a safe location ahead of time.

Best,
Jayne

Last edited by jaymarsch; 10-13-2017 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Clarity