View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 07:17 AM

Default Question on Martin/Fishman Aura system

I just put money down on a Martin OMC Aura. I was looking at acoustic only Martins, and you know how they say to try a lot of guitars till one picks you? Well, I had no intention of buying an OM/000 body for one thing, (I was looking at D-28's, HD-28's, D-35's etc). I had no desire to get so much bling on my guitar, but when I tried this one, wow, everything about it sounded and felt right!

Anyway, as I researched this model Martin and the Aura system, it appears that there are 2 different systems in guitars of the same name. One is a fancy sounding system with an equalizer, different voicings, and is quite large. The other, (and this is the one my guitar is equipped with), appears to be a simple display for the tuner and two integrated button/knobs.

Can anyone tell me what the simpler looking system does? I didn't plug in to try it out, I play acoustic is all and the sound system is a bonus. I can't imagine it does all the different plugged in voicings, but if it did, that's another bonus.

Thanks!

Walter