View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 AM

I just checked on that second link. There are additional responses. This one's from Ken at Bose:

Quote:
I don't think there is a definitive answer to this question because there is no definitive definition that I know of.

In a purely colloquial sense, I would say that the Classic, Model I and Model II are a whole lotta line array (4 meters, or 14 feet and straight if you include the mirror image caused by the floor) and the L1 Compact is a little bit of a line array.
Make of that what you will. I'm going to stick with my last post; since I don't really know, it's not my place to try to proclaim the Compact as an array or a non-array. They sound good, I know that much.

You probably wouldn't guess it from my comments in this thread, but I don't think the line array issue is the top priority in choosing a system. What I want (and found in the BA) is a combination of good sound, power or coverage, flexibility, schleppability, and affordability. The fact that the BA is also a line array is just icing on the cake. But in itself, it would not make me choose this or any other amp or PA.