View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctvolfan View Post
This is a bit concerning to me if the E8D has a thick neck because I’m getting ready to purchase one and I have small hands. I have an E10SS and I don’t notice it being particularly thick. I think it feels great. I wonder if they are similar? Anybody know? But sometimes I don’t notice things unless they are pointed out. We shall see how I like it. I’m getting it anyway based upon everything I’ve read and watched videos on them. I don’t currently have a rosewood guitar and want one.
I have a E10ss/v, a E2D (cedar) and a E20D-TC. The neck for the E10ss/v is noticeably different from the dreads. It has a narrower nut so it is narrower overall but it is also quite thinner. However, the thing is the necks for the E2D and the E20D are also quite different even though they have the same nut width. The E20D is a much fuller/rounder neck all the way up, more of full C profile, while the E2D is a shallower C or even halfway to a D.

Eastman necks are made by hand and that means they end up with subtle (or not so subtle) differences even on the same model. The neck on the E2D-CD is perfect for me. Still, to tell you the truth, after a the first few times playing a new guitar, the neck profile mostly fades to the background unless it makes me trip up.