View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 07:31 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesKing777 View Post
Oh yes, Howard.....

The only acoustic guitar I had for many years was my 76 Dobro metal body and once I bored myself to death playing slide tunings, I put it in..gasp...standard tuning! Fingerpicked various styles and it was weird for some but fabulous for others. I have plenty of acoustics at the moment including a couple of dream guitar Nationals...newer model Tricone, newer M14 single, 1935 Trojan...all sensationally classic slide sounds. But I haven’t played them much of late, or my old Dobro. Not sure why. The Tricone is very heavy to lug. Joyous sound and I am reluctant to move them on, but they don’t have any....challenge?

So I have been playing slide on my ragged old 52 LG1, light as a feather ...more slide on my old 37 L-0, light as a feather...and ha! Slide on the Lowden LSE1....and it is FUN!

BluesKing777.
BK,
My main acoustic bottleneck instrument is a 1930 Gibson TGL-5, factory converted to 6 string in July 1935.

My only resonator is a National Resolectric that I've highly modified with a one of a kind Columbia archtop pickup, and an AKG C-562CM under the cone. It actually sounds like a resonator guitar, but loud & full.

They all have different voices, and are all appealing at one point or another, one tuning or another, etc.

HE