View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Uh oh I decided to start playing piano again

I had not been feeling motivated to play my guitars for a while, and had felt some frustration with rustiness as a result. When I would pick up a guitar, it just was not that exciting.

So, I traded in an old Yamaha P80 digital piano for a new Yamaha workstation that was a lot lighter and more technically up to date.

After three weeks of playing, with my Ipad hooked up to stream my favorite songs and play through the keyboard speakers, I am in heaven.

While I am not new to piano, I signed up with an online teacher (Piano in 21 Days) who is showing me how to play current pop songs through a focus on chord progressions, inversions, arpeggios, and so forth. It doesn't hurt that I play by ear, because after I figure out the chord progression, I can pretty much sit down and play whatever I want.

Maybe I will be inspired to pick up my guitar again soon, but in the meantime I am truly having a ball. When I hit a key or chord, it sounds like it is supposed to, and not with the kind of frustrations in technique that can come with trying to master a stringed instrument.