View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Glad you posted this! First off, the sound is excellent. I would love that tone live.

Second, it's good timing that you posted this because I am considering going back to the Anthem but this time going for the full Anthem over the SL. I was looking at it online and it looks as though with the full Anthem, the two pickups simply plug into the preamp/sound hole control module with mini adaptors. I am not sure what they would be called. I don't think they are mini TRS cables but regardless, they are not wired to the module.

Here's my thought process.. The thing I have always disliked about the Anthem is the Element. To me, the Element is one of the least pleasing UST tones available. I know it's supposed to be more responsive with picking up the top but it has this extremely unnatural high end/presence to it that's easy to pick out. I don't notice this with other UST designs. When this is paired with the tru-mic, which has a high end presence of its own, it can be overkill. Also, the main criticism of the Anthem seems to be that it can change the unplugged tone, which I consider to be a direct result of the Element. I noticed a change with my Taylor and never noticed a change when the Matrix was in my guitar.

I am actually considering getting the Anthem and then trying different UST pickups with it. My thinking is, the Element is not wired to anything and simply has the plug so if I can get that same plug end for other USTs, it should be a simple experiment. I can always go back to the Element if I decide the experimentation was not beneficial. My only concern is somehow hurting the module that Baggs provides by trying different UST's but I can't see this being an issue. I would also have to find a way to get one of those plug ends to try. It looks like it could be tight wiring. The Matrix seems like the obvious first choice since I can find that not wired to anything and the PUTW is also an option but I worry about the impedance problem.
I don't share your experiences witht the Element Tru-Mic combo in the Anthem SL at all.
I guess my Fishman Platinum Pro D.I. / EQ is doing it's job.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster