View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodx14 View Post
I'm going to be installing a Baggs Anthem in my Taylor 514e soon, as I have not been getting along with the Expression System 2 pickup. I've had an Anthem in an older 814ce that I loved, so I'm hoping it will work well for me in this application too.

My question: Can I leave the stock ES2 pickup installed in the bridge? I don't want to plug the holes in case I ever want to put it back to stock some day, Just want to make sure that won't cause problems with the Piezo UST somehow. Also, has anyone made this switch and what where your thoughts?

Thanks!
Hotrod, something to consider... Depending on when your Taylor left the factory there maybe an option for you. In around October, November 2019, Taylor updated the pc board for the es2. I changed mine in two guitars and it made all the difference. It is a simple plug and play a dealer has to do, but what a difference. If it had not fixed my grief, I too would have switched it to the Anthem. Taylor is pretty good about providing a dealer with the board at no cost if you are the original owner, maybe even if you are not.