View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Going for a bit more of an electric guitar cross over sorta thing I'm guessin'.
That's my thought, as well. I was surprised by that 1 11/16" nut width, then sat down and played my Taylor T5 for a while... that is a comfortable neck. The X10 is supposed to have a thinner neck profile as well. That would work well with the slightly narrower nut width.

With all the chit-chat before the unveiling, I was expecting an X10; thought it would simply be between the X7 and X20 in size. Then, the X7 grew a bit, and this X10 appeared... with size specs that are close to the X7, other than the neck. I think this guitar will be a different animal from the other two. I'm anticipating a great sounding acoustic that plays more like an electric... with some interesting plugged in options.

It will likely be controversial, considering that humbucker pickup for the second level pickup option. I am assuming there will be some way of blending the two pickups (from the info on Emerald's site).

A definite departure from the T5 (one of my favorite electrics, btw), with the 5 position switch; it looks like the X10 is a true acoustic that will allow some interesting electric tones... thus that "controversial" comment above. There are acoustic players that scorn the use of any pickup - this guitar looks to be one that embraces the plugged in sound.

I have mentioned here how much I enjoy the X7 plugged in. The X10... in the words of the philosophers The Pointer Sisters: "I'm so excited..."

I like how Alistair doesn't give us "what we expect."