View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 08:40 PM
Charter Member

I've been using an L1c for about 10 years - it has been a champ. I do use a T4s mixer with it and feel they are a good match. Before the T4, I used a Yamaha mixer, and it was decent. The T4 allows you to have different effects on each channel (the Yamaha didn't). I like to have reverb on the guitar and vocal, and occasionally use some chorus on the guitar. Fast and easy to dial in the tone with the T4 and gives a "boost" to the L1c.

I have had zero issues with the L1c, but I would go new over used; Bose has been good on the warranty with the S1 Pro I have. I tend to agree with rockabilly69 on the L1 Pro8 - it has more output than the L1c (rarely have I felt the need for more, but better to have it and not need it) - 8 speakers in the column instead of the 6 that the L1c has, and a bigger speaker in the base unit. That said, I have run guitar, keyboard, and 2 vocals through the L1c for about 100 people. The Pro8 has reverb on each channel, where the L1c does not (and one channel 1/4" with a bit of "tonematch"; the other XLR for mic).

If my L1c needed to be replaced (it doesn't), I would be inclined to go with the Pro8.