View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadina501 View Post
That’s the problem I had, the strings moving in the locking tuners when tuning after that neck was fitted again.
I’ve also wasted a pack of strings but will try again

A YouTube video on how to string this
Guitar would be great
I just string it like I would an acoustic with regular tuners but I don't cut off the excess string (like in other methods). I do it like the guy in the video below with the only difference in that you would need to run the string through the retainer on your Journey first. (When it comes to trimming the excess string I do it like Doyle in the second video below)

This video shows the "Doyle Dykes trick" to remove excess string after the guitar is tuned to pitch and your tuners are locked. You can watch the "trick" at the 9:55 in the video below. This technique is totally safe and fool proof as, just like Doyle, I've done this many times without issue. My favorite things about this method is that your string will cut itself right at the eyelet so there's will be no string left to poke you and you won't need to put cutters anywhere near your headstock risking damage to your guitars.