View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
D;

I think I have tried every CF nylon string acoustic guitar (with the exception of a Brunner), and they are all good. Deciding which one is the best for you comes to personal preferences. For example, the Blackbird Super OMN, which came out in an edition of 5, is a marvelous instrument in both looks and sound; but it is a bit big for my taste. The Rider nylon string comes the closest to sounding like a traditional classical guitar; but it was just not comfortable for me. The Emerald X20-OSN is yet another incredible guitar; but a bit too large for my taste.

To cut to the chase, I've ended up hanging on to two CF nylon strung guitars, one being the instrument you have in your sights. The Rainsong Parlor was brought to my attention by Mr. Rogers of this forum and made available to me by Michael of MacNichol guitars. I owe them both as the RS is a remarkable instrument--the sound is warm and lush without a loss of clarity. Even though the RS is a 12 fret, it allows fairly high reach. I have a K&K in mine and it is electrifying. I don't think you can go wrong with the Rainsong.
thanks Evan
I've been researching/digesting your posts/threads.
d