View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakewoodM32Fan View Post
I think the issue most people have (not me, as I just chalked it up as over-the-top marketing) was that Andy himself in the early press videos talked about all the issues of X-bracing that V- purportedly "solved". The implication being that he talked down about X-braced guitars. That hurt people's feelings and thus the visceral reaction.

With regards to Martin's ads and PR, it is interesting how they don't get nearly the backlash here that Taylor does. It seems every few years they put out "more authentic Authentics" than the previous Authentics. Logically, one should be upset that the "Authentic" you just spent $5K or more on just a few years ago is suddenly not really Authentic anymore. And rest assured this Authentic you buy today will be superseded by something more Authentic in 2023. I think the main difference is they don't talk down at their previous authentics like Powers did with X-bracing. They just say that the newly released Authentic is "the most authentic" and people don't take the logical leap where it implies that previous Authentics weren't so authentic.

And that's about the most I've ever used the word "authentic" in my life.
Still don't get it...