View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 11:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _zedagive View Post
How quick to you have to be to land one of the beauties?

http://emeraldguitars.com/product/x2...v=7516fd43adaa
It varies from month to month, depending on the Select Series offerings. Some instruments, like a harp guitar or an 8 string bass are likely going to take a bit longer for the right buyer to find them. The traditional best sellers seem to be X20 and X7 models... but what I really appreciate about these Select Series instruments is how Alistair presents them as a monthly collection, and is willing to not "play it safe," but rather create something unique.

When I bought my X20 Select Series, I made that decision the same day they were offered; that Series sold out over the weekend if I recall correctly.

If you aren't willing to wait for a monthly Select Series, with the hope that they will create the guitar of your dreams, you can still get what you want by ordering a Custom and waiting the 5 months or so that it will take to create that guitar just for you.

The guitar you linked to is a cocobolo woody from the January Select Series. They are gorgeous, and what I was considering for a custom build when the louro preto woody Select Series came up. I think that X20 sold right away. I recall with the January Select Series that Alistair said there may not be any more cocobolo offerings when those were sold.

Hope that helps. Contact Sean at Emerald - he is knowledgeable and helpful.