Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbreaker1 View Post
I love my rig, this is it:

Renaissance RS-6
TC Helicon GX-t
Mama Bear

Bose L1 unit

Makes a crummy player like me sound pretty **** good!

You've reminded me that I miss my RS-6 and my Mama Bear. You really are a Heartbreaker .

I've gigged with four different guitars in the past year. They're all gig worthy, but I'll pick one.

Taylor 314 with a PUTW I/O UST on jack 1, Wendler Dynafield IV on jack2
Audix OM7 vocal mic (minimal proximity effect and very directional pattern)
TC Helicon Harmony-G (tuner, vocal EFX and occasional vocal harmonies)
Fishman Pro EQ Platinum preamp/DI (to send separate jack1 signals to the mixer and the Harmony-G)
2nd Platinum preamp (to send jack2 signal to mixer - not needed if gigging with my SoloAmp. I can take jack2 directly to the SoloAmp)

If its a quick setup/sound provided thing, I'll take one guitar and the Platinum preamp to use with a single pickup. (Three of my four gigging guitars are equipped with passive pickups which need the impedance buffering and gain provided by the Platinum. The active pickup benefits from the Platinum's tone shaping capabilities.)

On the subject of gear that I despise, I absolutely hate arriving at an open mic or showcase and finding that Audix OM5 mics are being used. If its a noisy setting, I can be assured that any low notes I sing will get buried in the crowd noise. That mic's bass rolloff starts at 120Hz, and there's precious little proximity effect to compensate for it.

Last edited by guitaniac; 12-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.