View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 11:27 PM

Hey Gary, I do plug into an Aura most of the time for live use. So far I like the Martin D28 sound image best. I was using a Taylor model also but I think I like the Martin better. I will try a Collings model when I get a little more time.
Unfortuneatly Fishman doesn't have a CA Guitars sound image yet! I've asked them several times about this and they say that they are working on it. I will be thrilled when they get one!! CA's have incredible tone so I can't wait until Fishman gets that image done!!
I do want to mention that my CA Legacy AE has a really nice Fishman premium blend system that includes a mic, piezo and great preamp w/tuner. When I use my Aura it sounds REALLY GREAT to use a stereo Y cable and run the mic into one channel and the piezo into the AURA and then into another channel. I have gotten a lot of compliments on that set-up. I have to say though that the Fishman system alone sounds really good even without an AURA. I recently had a small gig with a friend and we were just filling in for another band during their break so I had to just plug in the Fishman without my Aura (to save time) and I was very happy with my sound. OF COURSE THE AURA WOULD HAVE SOUNDED BETTER BUT IN A PINCH THE FISHMAN SYSTEM (Premium Blend) DOES SOUND GOOD!!