View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 06:02 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsj200 View Post
Rickards are the way to go! I have then on a replica OM-28 from other builder and work and look GREAT!
Thanks Fred. I will take your feedback into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prickards View Post
I agree. Rickards are the way to go
Thanks prickards. I will take your feedback into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I think this build thread has had more replies and views in a short time frame than any in a long time. Cigarfan may just be onto something here LOL! Congrats to you and John on this collaboration! That BRW is of the kind I do not think I have ever seen before!
Thanks Tom. Maybe at this pace we may hit 300 posts before the end of the month. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Great guy + great builder + amazing wood + tons of shell = recipe for great thread. John’s Brazilian OMs are a thing of beauty. I love my lowly 28. Banjo tuners on mine, too. Smart move not going for bar frets, though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Hmmm. I find them mostly ok, but not conducive to slides. I haven’t found an advantage yet. Anyway, just one Circa nerd’s opinion.
Thanks for the kind words Juston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Caldwell View Post
Bar frets do require a different playing technique, but properly executed, they are no harder to play than t-frets, IMO. Most of the bar fret work I see is admittedly less than optimal and I think that’s maybe the reason they get a bad rap.
Hey Jimmy. Glad to see you following. Even though I'm sure John would do a fine job on the bar frets, I'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usb_chord View Post
Completely agree. I love them, but a lighter touch rewards.

EXCEPTIONAL build, Cigarfan! Excited to see this one come to life!!
Thanks Brian. Glad to have you along for the ride!