View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

I would think that the main advantage the Bose will have over the QSC is in the dispersion of sound, evenly, throughout the venue... QSC speakers have decent dispersion, but they can't touch the Bose stuff in that regard...

My experience with QSC speakers (the newer smaller ones, the K series?) is that they can sound really nice, provided you are in the "sweet spot"; once you leave that sweet spot, there's going to be volume and tone drop-off... with the Bose stuff, EVERYWHERE in the room is the "sweet spot"!

Admittedly, I haven't used the S1 Pro; I'm basing my remarks on the coverage of the Bose L1 units, from the Model II down to the Compact. Based on what I've heard so far, and all the comments made (both here and over at The Bose Forum), the little S1 spreads the sound remarkably well for what it is...

I wouldn't be too concerned with only having limited tone controls... with a good pickup n your guitar, you shouldn't need much, if any, eq'ing to get a great sound.

Of course, the BEST thing to do would be to go somewhere and take YOUR guitar and YOUR mic, and play through each unit. Heck, you're looking at spending a fair amount of change on one of these; you may as well be sure that you get what you want, what works for you! Music equipment retailers are generally very accommodating with this point when presented clearly....

Let us know what you get, and how it works for you!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman